Sunday, June 1, 2008

Pastor Mavin Winans Invites Lyle to Heart of Champion 5K Race

Gospel Artist and Perfecting Church Pastor Marvin L. Winans, has invited yours truly to be a member of his race team for The Ron Winans Heart of a Champion 5K Race on Saturday, July 12th in Detroit.

This 5K Race is in honor of Pastor Marvin Winans, late brother Ron Winans, who died of a heart attack in June 2005.

The event is in partnership with the American Heart Association has been running and walking for a healthy heart for the past three years, and we will continue to do so until we can eradicate heart disease from our community.

A healthy heart remains the catalyst for living and loving strong. The purpose of The 3rd Annual Ron Winans Heart of a Champion 5K is to continue in its efforts to educate the community enabling them to celebrate love and a total well-being. This 5K, held in the heart of Detroit, challenges everyone to become a heart champion for a worthy cause while celebrating the gift of life.

I am deeply honor to be apart of this event and I am looking forward to this race. I intend to represent St. Louis, MVP Fitness and God by giving an all out effort.

Racing a 5K takes a balance of strength and speed. Training will be intense, challenging and fun. So wish me luck when you see me out on the track doing crazy drills. I am just simply striving not only to be a MVP, but a Heart Champion as well.

To find out more info on The Ron Winans Heart of Champion 5 K go to
http://perfectingchurch.org/ron5/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome, Lyle!!! The main thing that I want to take away from bootcamp is improvement in jogging and I can't wait until I feel strong and confident enough to run a marathon. For me this is not only about weight loss, but it is about healthy beginnings.....a lifestyle change!!

I never thought that I could do it on my own and I thank God for putting real people in my path to show me that I can. I started with Jenny Craig and, though very successful, unfortunate circumstances have showed me that I don't need it. I am going on my second week without it and still see results! I can't wait until I successfully complete this program session to see how I've progressed!

God bless all of you that are headed in the same direction that I am. And God bless you Lyle, for caring enough to make a difference. I pray for great success on the race in memory of Ron Winans.