Friday, June 24, 2011

MVP Countdown Workout - 118 Days Until My 50th Birthday

I will be turning 50 on October 21st and my fitness quest is to run the Rock 'n' Roll Full Marathon on October 23rd. For the next few weeks I will blog my progress and also my mood swings.

Today's Workout -

A - 5 Sets of 2 Hand Kettlebell Swings

B1- Kettlebell Clean & Press - 3 sets of 10
B2- Elevated Perfect Push Ups - 3 sets of 10
B3- Kettlebell Windmills - 3 sets of 10
B4- (1) 20 Vampires (2) 20 Kettlebell Sit Ups (3)20 Clams

C - Tabatas - 20 seconds of Burpees - 10 seconds rest for 4 minutes.

3.2 Mile Run

Today's Workout was great. I exercised outdoors and the weather was perfect 72 degrees. The four minutes of Burpees was a BIG challenge I could only do 4-6 reps within the 20 second time frame. (My Burpees include a push up and tuck jump). Has always Kettlebell workouts are the best and the 3.2 mile run seemed like a walk in the park.

On a mental note, I feel stong and encouraged despite the fact that my mother is suffering from Lymphoma. Lymphoma a cancer in the lymphatic cells of the immune system. I have to be strong for her and my three children and exercising helps me keep strong both mental and spiritually.

No comments: